All primary age children who reside on a long term basis within the Ōpaheke School’s enrolment area will be entitled to be enrolled at Ōpaheke. Enrolment enquiries can be made to the school office.
We do require some documentation with your enrolment these include:
- Proof of where you live in relation to the Opaheke School Zone e.g Telephone Account, Bank Statement.
- Your child's birth certificate or passport
- Immunization record
- Any visa's if applicable
Ōpaheke School Zone
Please see below a written description of our school zone. Alternatively, you can check to see if you are in zone using the school zone locator. Simply add your address into the search bar to check which schools you are in zone for.
- South Eastern area of Papakura with boundaries of Wood Street, the Great South Road eastern side south to and including Coulthard Terrace,
- Main Trunk Railway line south to and including Walker Road, Sutton Road (to the saleyards entrance)
- Ponga Hill area served by the bus run as far as Mc Entee Road.
- Hazeldene Place, Alderton Place and Coulthard Terrace being dual enrolment area with Park Estate School.
Out of Zone Enrolments
Out of Zone Applications for 2024 open on the 30 August 2023.
Applications close 11 October 2023.
Ballot drawn 18 October 2023.
Ōpaheke School Board is likely to have 13 x New Entrant places for out of zone enrolments for 2024.
Unfortunately we will not have any places available for other year levels.
As per the current legislation the following priorities apply to out of zone enrolments:
First Priority: This priority is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary of Education.
Second Priority: Will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
Third Priority: Will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
Fourth Priority: Will be given to applicants who are children of board employees.
Fifth Priority: Will be given to all other applicants.
A ballot process as set out by the Ministry of Education is to be used.
Please return the application form to the school office by 11 October for your child to be included in our Ballot for 2024 new entrant enrolments.