The PTA at our school is alive and kicking. We are a group of parents who meet once a month to organise fundraising. Our aim is to add extra touches to our children’s environment that will make their days more interesting and will extend their knowledge and experience. The PTA is a great opportunity for you to be involved in your children’s education, meet other parents, and support our school.
We know everyone is busy and time is precious so you need not attend meetings if you don’t have the time, but you can show support by being part of a Helpers List that can be called on from time to time. All whānau including grandparents, aunties, uncles, adult siblings etc are also very welcome!
If you would like to be a part of the PTA or Helpers List, please fill in the form below or contact the office on 2985410 or email email@example.com to be included.
- To raise funds to carry out projects not directly funded by Board, Ministry of Education or Government.
- To keep parents stay informed of events within the school.
- To provide a cross section of parents to initiate discussion on topics affecting our children and their education.
- To keep parents informed on curriculum changes and offer opportunity for feedback.
- To provide opportunities for Parent Education.
Previous one off funded/subsidised projects include:
- Senior Quad
- Junior Playground
- Computers for all classrooms
- Contributions towards hall
- Outside shades for Junior, Senior and Pool areas
- Seating for children
- Pool Cover
- Extensions and heating of swimming pool
Annually funded/subsidised activities include:
- Year 6 and 8 Camp
- Year 5 and 7 EOTC
- Book Week Performance
- Life Education
- Epro-8 Challenge
- National Young Leaders Day
- Various resources or one off activities as requested by teachers
Activities for PTA Helpers include:
- Carnival/Family Fun Night
- Discos/Movie Nights
- Various fundraisers such as Easter Raffle, Juicies Sale, Pizza Days, Family Portraits etc
- Lunch orders
- Supervising our road patrollers before and after school
Our meetings are held in the school staffroom, usually twice a term on a Wednesday from 7pm and we always aim to finish no later than 8.30pm.
- Principals Report
- Teachers Wish List
- Board Report
- Financial Report
- Discussions on changes that could affect our children, their environment or their education
- Annual fundraising event and new initiatives
Remember PTA is a lot more than just fundraising. It is a total interest in the total child – education, health and welfare of the whole child, i.e. intellectually/academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually’, as well as being great for meeting other parents and teachers.